Saturday 2 April 2011

Cycling in the big city and a pretty Christmas box

Again I stumbled across the lovely LOOK MUM NO HANDS cafe on London's Old Street

I spotted this sign being painted last year and posted a photograph (click here), largely in envy of the task: if only sign painting by hand was still a vocation! They have serve coffee and beer, show movies, and even have on site bike mechanics, so it's a one stop shop for cycle enthusiasts. Sheffield needs this!

  
In other news, I have also stored up these photographs of an Christmas Advent Box made for my sister - hand-painted and collaged, containing an assortment of treats from dried fruits to hot chocolate.



Final inappropriate festive post - I was determined to try my hand at old school lino printing to mass produce my Christmas cards last year, but without losing a sense of receiving something personal. So became this robin print. I'd like to layer colours in future - practice makes perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Often fantasised about setting up a Sheffield look mum; somewhere to hang out, drink coffee, repair / max out bikes.

    Let's start a Kickstarter campaign.

    ReplyDelete