Wednesday 1 January 2014

Lino Print Christmas Cards: Partridge in a Pear Tree

Back to the lino board this year! Time to make Christmas cards.

A Partridge in a Pear Tree

Carving


extracts
first set - lino block printing ink


second set

I decided to produce a more detailed lino design than my robin of a previous Christmas. The result is good, though it has been a little tricky to print consistently, as the areas I have carved are variable in depth and smoothness - this matters as much as the neatness of your relief areas.

Also I first used lino specific printing block paint (water based) and the results weren't as smart or sharp as the plum emulsion paint tester pot* that I tried afterwards!  

 * Note: It is not as easy to clean the lino itself after using non-block printing paint.

As usual, here's a look over the Christmas cards I have hand painted / printed in recent years:

2012 - Potato Printed Robin

2011 - Watercolour squirrels, robins scene

2010 - Lino cut Robin prints

2009 - Repeat watercolour Christmas pattern for cards, advent calendar and tags

2008 - Re-interpreted Victorian Christmas Cards - Handpainted


No comments:

Post a Comment